... Or making the most of your first appointment
An initial 50 minute appointment is a chance for you to find out whether I might be the right therapist/counsellor/life coach for you. We'll also want to think together about what's bringing you and whether/how we might work together.
You might like to answer these questions and bring them or email them to me in advance. This will help you to make the most of the initial meeting, and it will help me to tune in better straight away.
- What are your reasons for seeking counselling/therapy/life coaching, and why now?
- How have these issues been affecting you?
- What would you need from the work for it to be helpful to you?
- How would you know you were getting the outcomes you were looking for (eg 'I'd be more comfortable with other people')?
- Please tell me something about your current support networks.
- Please tell me something about your family background.
- Is there anything else you'd like me to know at the outset?